One Pan Black Forest Cake
Black Forest Cake:
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) Devil’s Food Cake Mix, unprepared
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1–1/4 cups prepared whipped cream
- 1/4 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 10 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Using a food processor, grind the Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal into a fine powder; set aside.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with cooking spray. Spread both cans of cherry pie filling in the bottom of the pan. Top cherry pie filling with a layer of the ground Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal. Drizzle cherry juice over the ground cereal. Top with the dry, unprepared cake mix, ensuring it is evenly spread out over the entire pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before topping and serving.
- To serve, scoop the Black Forest Cake into a bowl. Top with 2 Tablespoons of whipped cream, 1 teaspoon cereal, 1 teaspoon almonds and finish with a maraschino cherry.