Grape Nuts Apple Crisp
Grape Nut Streusel:
- ¾ cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup coarsely ground Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp melted butter
- 2 ½ tbsp melted apricot preserves
- 4 ½ pounds sweet-tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar, or to taste
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Stir together dry streusel ingredients. Drizzle in butter and apricot preserves and stir until mixed. Gently spread mixture (do not press down) on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow streusel to cool and break up any large chunks so that mixture is in pea-sized pieces.
- Center rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly spray sides and bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss together all four apple filling ingredients until combined, making sure to keep apple slices intact. Transfer to prepped baking dish and loosely cover with foil. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until apples becomes tender and liquid is slightly thickened.
- Crumble streusel topping evenly over apple mixture and return to oven, uncovered. Continue baking until topping is golden and apples are tender or about 15 more minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.