Grape-Nuts Crunchy Curried Hummus
- 2 cans (15 ounce each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Grape Nuts Cereal
- Cauliflower florets and carrot sticks
In the bowl of a food processor add chickpeas, garlic, curry powder, cumin seeds, tahini, water, lemon juice and salt. Pulse to combine. With the motor running, stream in olive oil and process until smooth.
Remove from food processor and place in serving bowl. Fold in Grape-Nuts cereal. Top with a light drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with additional Grape-Nuts cereal for added crunch. Serve with cauliflower florets and carrot sticks.
*Note: To toast cumin seeds, place seeds in a dry pan over medium heat. Toast until golden brown and fragrant.