Shredded Wheat Apple Crisp
- 5 cups peeled apple slices
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- Mix apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar, lemon juice, tapioca and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir crushed cereal, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and margarine in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread apple mixture in ungreased 1-1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cereal topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are tender when pierced with fork.