Chocolate Cereal Treats with Cajeta
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1 cup Mexican caramel sauce (cajeta)
- Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; lightly grease foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add cereal; mix well. Press firmly into prepared pan; cool completely.
- Cut into 48 squares. Spread each of 24 of the squares with 2 tsp. of the caramel sauce; top each with second square to form sandwich. Store in airtight container at room temperature.