- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups Post Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 medium apple, peeled, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl; set aside. Beat egg, milk, applesauce and oil in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in cereal; let stand 5 min. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Bake 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Vitamin A: 4% DV
Calcium: 10% DV
Iron: 15% DV