Double Apple Bran Cereal Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Post Bran Flakes Cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Mix cereal and milk in another bowl; let stand 3 minutes. Beat egg in small bowl. Add chopped apple, applesauce, sugar and margarine; mix well. Stir into cereal mixture. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Spoon batter into medium muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at to 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.