Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Thanks EmilieEats for this great recipe.
- Prep time: 10 Min
- Total time: 20 Min
- Servings: 16
- 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2½ tablespoons water
- 1 packet Better Oats Raw Pure & Simple Organic Maple Brown Sugar (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 cup oat flour*
- ½ cup sliced or chopped almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease the pan.
- In a medium bowl, add flax meal and water. Stir; set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add oats, oat flour, almonds, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- To the medium bowl with flax meal mixture, add almond butter, maple syrup, applesauce, milk, vanilla and almond extract. Whisk to combine until the mixture is smooth. Slowly pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms.
- Form 2-tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten the cookie dough with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how soft or crispy you want your cookies.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before removing with a spatula.