You don’t have to wait until summer to introduce your kids to stargazing. Not only are winter nights longer (great for little ones with early bedtimes) but they are also clearer. So break out the binoculars and take a peak at these winter sky highlights.
Sirius This is brightest star at this time of year. Look south, and you’ll find it about a third of the way above the horizon.
Orion Named after a hunter in Greek mythology, this is the most vibrant constellation in the winter sky. Looking south, find his belt first: three stars in a row just to the upper right of Sirius. Then, you’ll be able to spot the two shoulder stars and two stars that represent his feet.
Pleiades You’ll need binoculars to see this tiny clump of stars hovering over Taurus’s back. It’s located to the upper right of Orion’s belt. Need help? Check out Google Sky or an app like SkySafari 5.
Need help? Check out Google Sky or an app like SkySafari 5.
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like these ho-ho-homemade ornaments! Here’s how to turn PEBBLES Cereal boxes into festive decorations.
• 1 (or several) PEBBLES Cereal box
• FRUITY PEBBLES Cereal (optional)
• Glitter (optional)
• Paint or paint pens
• White glue (optional)
• String, yarn or ribbon
Here’s what to Doo:
1. Print the Classic Ornament pattern and cut it out. You can also make your own shapes. Be creative!
2. Open the top and bottom of your cereal box and then cut along one of the side seams so that you can open the box and lay it flat.
3. Use the pencil to trace a pattern onto the blank cardboard side of the box.
4. Cut out the pattern. Paint or color the front of your ornament.
5. When the paint is dry—give it 30 minutes—squeeze a thin line of glue along the edges. Then use FRUITY PEBBLES or glitter (or both) to make it even more festive.
6. Using the tip of the scissors, poke a hole in the top of the house.
7. String a ribbon through the hole. Tie it and start decorating.
Sign up to get emails.
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera.(s17). Yabba Dabba Doo! ™
All bag and box sizes of Fruity PEBBLES™ are gluten free. Single serving cup sizes are packaged on production lines that are not verified to be gluten free.