In 2015, Post Foods and MOM Brands became one company: Post Consumer Brands. Some key moments in our historical journey:
- 1895 – C.W. Post makes his first batch of Postum, a cereal beverage, in a barn in Battle Creek, Mich., and starts his Postum Cereals company.
- 1897 – C.W. Post introduces Grape-Nuts cereal, one of the first ready-to-eat cereals.
- 1904 – C.W. Post launches a brand of corn flakes, which becomes known as Post Toasties.
- 1914 – Following C.W. Post’s death, the Postum Cereals company continues to expand its product line.
- 1919 – John Campbell, a miller in Owatonna, Minn., adds malt flavor to farina cereal and names his creation “Malt-O-Meal.” He founds the Campbell Cereal Co.
- 1939 – Post Shreddies cereal is launched in Canada. Originally called “Cubs,” the name is changed to Shreddies in 1941.
- 1942 – Post Raisin Bran cereal is introduced.
- 1953 – Campbell Cereal Co. is renamed the Malt-O-Meal Co.
- 1966 – Malt-O-Meal Co. introduces its first cold cereals in a new economical package: the cereal bag without the exterior box.
- 1971 – Post launches Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles, featuring characters from “The Flintstones,” the first cereal brand based on characters from a TV series or movie.
- 1989 – Post Honey Bunches of Oats is introduced.
- 1998 – In pursuit of even more convenience and freshness, Malt-O-Meal Co. introduces the resealable cereal bag.
- 2002 – Malt-O-Meal Co. acquires the Quaker Oats ready-to-eat bag cereal business.
- 2010 – Malt-O-Meal Co. introduces the country to 23 flavors of instant oatmeal called “Better Oats.”
- 2012 – Malt-O-Meal Co. is renamed MOM Brands to reflect its wider product range of ready-to-eat, better-for-you and hot cereal brands.
- 2015 – Post Holdings (NYSE: POST) signs a definitive agreement to buy MOM Brands and combine it with its Post Foods business to create Post Consumer Brands, the third-largest cereal company in the United States.