Korean Meatballs with Cucumber Salad
Rainbow Cucumber Salad:
- 1 cup European cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 3 Biscuits Post Original Shredded Wheat, coarsely broken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced or grated ginger root
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- Heat oven to 400°.
- In medium bowl, combine all cucumber salad ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine shredded wheat, onion, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and egg white. Let stand about 3 minutes or until cereal softens. Gently stir in ground turkey. Divide mixture into 20 equal portions. With moist hands, shape each portion into a ball.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add half of meatballs to pan; sauté 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Arrange browned meatballs in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Repeat with remaining meatballs. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until done. Serve with cucumber salad.