Grape-Nuts Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 beefsteak tomatoes (medium to large size)
- 1 cup cooked whole-wheat orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil
- Slice off the top of each tomato after rinsing and carefully scoop out the inside of the bottom half. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked orzo, beans, olives, pine nuts, basil and lemon zest. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard and Italian seasoning. Drizzle dressing over orzo mixture and toss to combine. Fold in Grape-Nuts cereal and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Evenly divide filling and spoon into each hollowed out tomato. Top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with additional fresh basil. Serve immediately.