Oven-Baked Grape Nuts Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken breasts (4 breasts or 14 – 16 tenders)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Greek Yogurt Honey Mustard Dip:
- 6 ounce container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a shallow pan and toss to coat; lay pieces flat side-by-side. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing other ingredients, or chicken can be chilled as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the olive oil evenly in a jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- Place cumin seeds in a small heavy skillet over medium heat. Toast seeds, shaking pan frequently, until they become fragrant and lightly browned, about 2-1/2 minutes. Place seeds in a food processor or blender along with the Grape Nuts, paprika, salt, and pepper. Process until cereal forms fine crumbs. Transfer mixture to a shallow plate or pie plate.
- Remove chicken pieces from buttermilk one at a time and coat each piece all over in cereal mixture, shaking off excess. Place chicken side-by-side in prepared pan; discard buttermilk. Bake chicken for 4-6 minutes per side for tenders, or 10 – 12 minutes for breasts, depending on the thickness, until they are crispy and cooked through. Serve with yogurt dipping sauce: stir together all dip ingredients until blended. Serves 4-6.