Thai Coconut Shrimp with Sweet and Spicy Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Post Shredded Wheat Big Biscuit cereal, crushed (about 1 Big Biscuit)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lb large peeled and deveined fresh shrimp, tails attached (16-20 size)
Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with non-stick foil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed Post Shredded Wheat cereal, shredded coconut, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Holding shrimp by the tail, dip first into the egg whites (shaking off any excess) then dip into cereal and coconut mixture. Lightly press coating onto the shrimp, ensuring all sides are covered. Place shrimp on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes on each side, or until shrimp are cooked through and the coating is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil.
- Serve shrimp with a squeeze of fresh lime and garnished with cilantro sprigs.