Crab Cakes with Sriracha-Lime Mayonnaise
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup ground Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal, divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup plain Panko crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying, or more as needed
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
For crab cakes:
- In a food processor, grind cereal into a fine powder. In a large bowl, mix together crabmeat, green onion, shallots, lime juice, mayonnaise, 3/4 cup of the ground cereal, salt and pepper. Combine Panko crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of ground cereal in a shallow bowl, flour in another bowl, and beaten eggs in a third bowl. Form crab mixture into cakes, using 1/4 cup measure for each. Dust crab cakes with flour, coat with beaten egg, then coat with Panko and cereal mixture. Place each cake on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook crab cakes until crisp, about 4-5 minutes per side, adding more vegetable oil as needed. Transfer cakes to paper towels to drain.
For Sriracha-Lime Mayonnaise:
- Stir together all ingredients and serve with crab cakes.