Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. ground anise
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Post Grape Nuts Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a fork, puncture holes into the sweet potatoes and place onto a baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; cut into 1 inch cubes and remove peel. Place sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl; using an electric mixer, blend sweet potatoes to a mashed potato consistency. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars; beat on low speed until well combined. Add egg and almond extract; continue to beat.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and anise. Mix well; add in wet mixture. Slowly add Post Grape Nuts Cereal, chocolate chips and pureed sweet potatoes; mix well to combine.
- Spoon out mixture onto the cookie sheet using a tablespoon Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool.