Shredded Wheat Apple Cherry Crisp
- 5 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- Mix apples, cherries, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, lemon juice, tapioca and cinnamon. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Mix cereal, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and margarine until well blended.
- Spread apple mixture into ungreased 1-1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle evenly with cereal mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown.