Maple & Brown Sugar Waffles
- Servings: 6
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 (43-gram) pouches Better Oats® Oat Revolution! Steel Cut Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal with Flax
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk* room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk the buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs
- Gradually pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry mixture, and stir to blend.
- Let stand 5 minutes to allow the oats to soften. (If the batter is a little thick, stir in a few tablespoons of water.)
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle maker, using about 1/3 cup per waffle.
- Cook on medium-high, according to instructions–about 4-6 minutes, or until the waffle maker stops steaming and waffles are golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make approximately 12 waffles.
*No buttermilk? No worries! Just stir 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar into the same amount of regular milk, and let stand a few minutes before using.