Malt-O-Meal Magic Muffins
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Malt-O-Meal® Original hot wheat cereal, dry
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- stir together until ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan, filling cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Add and incorporate one 8.5-ounce can cream style corn to Magic Muffins recipe for Magic Corn Bread mix.
- Pour muffin mixture into a greased 13×9-inch pan and bake for 19 to 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Banana Magic Muffins add ¾ cup mashed bananas to basic ingredients and follow the basic muffin baking instructions.