Low-Fat Applesauce Cereal Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2-1/4 cups Grape-Nuts Flakes
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 minutes. Stir. Add egg, applesauce, sugar, raisins and margarine; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Spoon into muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.