Jean Alice Pancakes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup ORIGINAL MALT-O-MEAL®, dry
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; stir together until all ingredients are moistened and batter is smooth. Bake on hot griddle. (Griddle is hot when droplets of water “skip” along griddle.) Yield: 8 (6”) pancakes.
To make waffles: Use recipe for pancakes and increase baking powder to 4 tsp., sugar to 2 tbsp., omit baking soda and increase vegetable oil to 1 cup. Bake waffles in greased waffle iron. Yield: 8 waffles.