Grape-Nuts® Energy Granola Bars Recipe
Satisfy your Grape-Nuts cereal cravings on-the-go by making a batch of these granola bars. Bonus – they’re packed with oats and fruit, giving you an energy boost!
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Grape Nuts cereal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounce package pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-inch square pan with nonstick aluminum foil making extended edges, or can use regular foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, combine oats, Grape Nuts, flours, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt; stir to combine. Add egg, banana, honey, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped prunes, walnuts, chocolate chips, and sesame seeds. Mix well to combine; dough will be stiff. Transfer to prepared baking pan and pat in mixture evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are browned. Cool completely on wire rack in pan. Use edges of foil to pick up and flip out onto a cutting board and cut into 24 squares.