Fruity Breakfast Snack Mix
This simple, frosted, and fruity snack mix is easy and delicious! Just drizzle some chocolate on your Frosted Mini Spooners and mix in your favorite dried fruits and snacks. Thanks, @SavvySavingsCouple
- 3 cups of Malt-O-Meal Frosted Mini Spooners
- 1 lb of strawberries sliced thin and dehydrated for 2-4 hours in the dehydrator, or baked in the oven at 200 for 4 hours (turn berries at the halfway time mark)
- 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
- 8 ounces of blueberries
- Dried banana chips. Find out how to dehydrate your own here.
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels for drizzling cereal
- Dehydrate your fruits until crispy and non-tacky. Set aside in air-tight containers
- Dip blueberries in yogurt and place them on a wax-lined baking sheet for the freezer. Freeze for 1 hour. If you feel like your berries could use another coat, repeat this process. I find if you use a quality Greek yogurt it works better to coat them. Once they are done store them in an air-tight container in the freezer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl temper your chocolate for 20-second intervals, stirring in-between each. One it is creamy, add it to a freezer bag and snip off a tiny piece of the corner to make a DIY frosting bag
- Arrange cereal pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with chocolate.
- Place them in the fridge to harden for at least 30 mins
- Once each component of the snack mix is ready, add all but the yogurt covered blueberries to your mix and store in air-tight containers or bags.
- Add blueberries before eating to preserve their coating. They will melt quickly if left out too long.