Crunchy Sweet Potato Oaties
- 1 can (29 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained, mashed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix sweet potatoes, flour, sugar, pecans, cinnamon and butter in large bowl. Stir in egg. (Mixture will be soft.)
- Place cereal crumbs on large plate or in shallow dish. Drop rounded teaspoonful of the sweet potato mixture onto cereal; gently shape into ball while rolling in crumbs until evenly coated on all sides. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture and remaining crumbs.
- Bake 20 min. Serve warm. Or, cover and refrigerate to serve chilled. Store any leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator. Makes 25 servings, about 2 oaties each.