Crunchy Stuffed French Toast
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Great Grains Banana Nut Crunch
- 8 slices challah bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt in large shallow dish with wire whisk until well blended; set aside. Place cereal in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Crush cereal with rolling pin. Dip both sides of the bread slices in egg mixture; place on clean work surface. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate; top with bananas. Dip both sides of remaining 4 bread slices in remaining egg mixture; place over bananas to make four sandwiches. Press together gently. Coat both sides of sandwiches with cereal crumbs; press crumbs firmly into sandwiches to secure.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until lightly browned. Cut diagonally in half. Serve with the strawberries.