Crunchy Baked “Fried Chicken”
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-1/2 lb.), cut into 6 pieces, skin removed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray baking sheet with olive oil-flavored cooking spray. Rinse chicken pieces; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Mix sour cream, milk, mustard, 1 tsp. each of the salt and black pepper, the paprika and red pepper; set aside.
- Place cereal and rosemary in food processor; cover. Pulse until coarsely ground. Place in shallow dish; set aside. Combine flour and remaining 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper in separate shallow dish. Add chicken to flour mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each piece. Then dip chicken in sour cream mixture before coating with the cereal mixture. Place in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 50 min. or until chicken is crispy and cooked through (180ºF).