Chewy Cherry Cookies
Special Extra: For a super nutty variation, substitute Grape-Nuts Cereal for crushed Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size. Get ready for a crunch!
Nutrition Bonus: Looking to satisfy your sweet tooth while still eating right? Then enjoy our gourmet twist on the oatmeal cookie -- you may never go back to the original!
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) margarine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, crushed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats 1 cup dried cherries
- Mix flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy after each addition. Blend in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in crushed cereal, oats and cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire racks. Makes 30 servings, 2 cookies each.