Banana-Raisin Wheat Muffins
How to Store Muffins: Keep leftover muffins fresh by freezing for up to 6 months. Cool muffins completely; place in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; freeze. Thaw at room temperature. If desired, reheat in microwave just until warmed.
Nutrition Bonus: You're sure to "go bananas" for these satisfying muffins!
- 1 cup Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Mix cereal and milk in large bowl; let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Add egg, bananas, sugar and margarine to cereal mixture; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in raisins.
- Spoon evenly into 12 medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 min. or until golden brown. Let stand in pan 5 min. Remove to wire rack. Cool slightly.