Special Extra: Toast the bread slices and top each with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate sorbet and a drizzle of strawberry sauce for a different kind of banana split.
- Prep time: 15 Min
- Total time: 65 Min
- Servings: 16
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cereal, spice, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Blend in bananas. Pour into greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely. Cut into 16 slices.