All-Time Favorite Puff Pudding
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts Cereal
- 3/4 cup thawed whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grate 1 tsp. lemon peel; cut lemon crosswise in half. Squeeze both halves to measure out 3 Tbsp. juice. Set aside. Beat margarine, sugar and lemon peel in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in egg yolks. Add lemon juice and flour; mix well. Gradually add milk, mixing after each addition until well blended. Stir in cereal. (Mixture will look curdled, but this will not affect finished product.)
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed 5 to 8 min. or until stiff peaks form. Gently stir into lemon mixture. Pour into greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place dish in pan of hot water.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is golden brown and pudding begins to pull away from side of dish. (Pudding will have cake-like layer on top with custard layer below.) Serve warm or cold. Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. of the whipped topping just before serving.