Tropical Coconut Crunch Flan
- 3/4 cup prepared cajeta (available in Latin markets or grocery aisles)
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 2 Tablespoons Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 2 Tablespoons flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place 12 ramekins or mini pie pans in a large roasting pan, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm cajeta over medium heat. Pour an equal amount of cajeta into each ramekin.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the eggs and egg yolks for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix for 1 more minute. Stir in cereal.
- Carefully pour an equal amount of the flan mixture into the prepared ramekins in the roasting pan. Add hot water to the roasting pan (not to the ramekins) until the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center of the flan comes out clean.
- Remove from the roasting pan and cool for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, carefully run a knife around the edge of the ramekin, cover with a serving plate, flip it over and gently remove the ramekin.
- In a small pan over medium combine cereal and coconut. Stir until lightly toasted and golden brown.
- Serve each flan with a sprinkle of the toasted cereal and coconut on top.