Raisins, Dates & Pecans Pancakes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups plus 6 tablespoons Great Grains Raisins, Dates and Pecans cereal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (about) unsalted butter
- 2 small bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- To make the pancakes:
- Whisk the ricotta and egg yolks together in a large bowl to blend, then whisk in the buttermilk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the ricotta mixture.
- Stir with the whisk just until combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cereal.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and sugar in another large bowl until firm but moist peaks form.
- Using a large silicone spatula, gently fold the egg whites through the batter in 2 additions.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Melt some butter on the hot griddle.
- Working in batches, ladle about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Using the back of the ladle, spread the batter to thin out the pancake to about 1/2 inch.
- Cook the pancakes about 3 minutes per side, or until they puff, become golden brown, and are just cooked through.
- To serve the pancakes:
- As the pancakes are done, transfer 2 pancakes to each of 6 plates.
- Top the pancakes with the bananas and blueberries and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Sprinkle each serving with the 1 tablespoon of cereal and serve immediately.