Mexican Hot Chocolate Cocoa PEBBLES™ Crunch Cookies
- ½ cup ground Cocoa Pebbles, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, crush cereal. (About 1 cup of Cocoa Pebbles will yield ½ cup of ground cereal.)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, ground cereal, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down side of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Chill dough for 1 -2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup ground cereal, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and chili powder (if using). Using a tablespoon to measure, form balls of dough and roll in cinnamon-sugar cereal mixture.
- Place, about 2 inches apart, on parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down lightly with a glass. Bake until cookies are set about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container, up to 1 week. Makes about 52 cookies.