Honey Bunches of Oats Almond Cereal Chocolate Bars
- 5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups nut butter: We used a combination of hazelnut cocoa butter and peanut butter!
- 2/3 cups corn syrup
- 2/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 8 ounces of baking chocolate or chocolate chips
- Heat up nut butter in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, and cook until melted. Add syrup and sugar and stir well. Add in cereal, and carefully fold to coat cereal with mixture.
- Dump into a large baking dish (9×13), and use a spatula to spread out evenly.
- In a smaller microwave safe bowl, add chocolate. Cook for 1 minute and then stir. Add 30 seconds and cook until melted; stirring between adn adding more time if needed. Pour chocolate over the top of the cereal mixture, and spread evenly.
- Place into fridge for at least 4 hours. Cut into pieces and serve.
- Keep refrigerated while not serving.