Holiday Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups Post Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam or preserves, or other desired flavor
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add flour, cereal and salt; stir until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks. Fill indentations with jam. Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies or 20 servings, 2 cookies each.