Fruity PEBBLES™ Meringues with Passion Fruit Curd
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Whip egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Sprinkle in the salt; mix well. Sprinkle in the confectionerssugar; mix well for 3 minutes until glossy and stiff.
- Add cereal; mix well. Pipe rounds or DROP tablespoons full of mixture 2 inches apartonto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle remaining cereal on top.
- Bake 2-3 hours until meringues have cracked and hollowed out.
- Pipe or spoon in passion fruit curd for a tangy surprise in your fruity pebble meringues.
Passion Fruit Lemon Curd
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons passion fruit puree
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Whisk eggs, sugar and salt until smooth in a microwaveable bowl. Whisk in the passion fruit puree and butter.
- Microwave on HIGH in one minute intervals, stirring each time until mixture is thick and custard like.
- Refrigerate one hour or until set beforeusing to fill the Fruity Pebbles meringues.
*Makes about 2 dozen meringues.