Fruity PEBBLES™ Confetti Ice Cream Squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Fruity PEBBLES™ Cereal divided use
- 2 cups Light Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil, making sure to leave enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and beat until combined. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of the Fruity PEBBLES™ cereal using a rubber spatula.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until very lightly browned on top. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread ice cream evenly over cookie base in the baking pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cereal. Lightly press cereal into ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift foil out of pan and cut into 16 2-inch squares.