Fruity PEBBLES™ Cereal Milk Doughnuts
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons “cereal” milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
For the doughnuts:
- Combine milk and Fruity Pebbles in a cereal bowl. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Strain out milk, measuring 3/4 cup for the doughnuts and reserving the rest for the glaze. (Discard cereal.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add reserved cereal milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Beat until just combined. Spoon doughnut batter in a gallon-size plastic zip top bag. Cut off a 1/2 inch piece from one corner. Pipe into each doughnut cup.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
For the glaze:
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, reserved cereal milk and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved. Use immediately to glaze donuts. Sprinkle top with Fruity Pebbles cereal. Serve immediately. Makes 12 doughnuts. One doughnut per serving.