Fruity PEBBLES™ Banana Belgian Waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons baking powde
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil for waffle maker
Whipped Banana Topping:
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/4 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
For the waffles:
- Preheat waffle iron. In a food processor, grind cereal into a fine powder. In a large bowl combine flour, ground cereal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a blender or food processor combine bananas, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and oil. Process until smooth. Gradually stir banana mixture into flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Lightly brush waffle iron grids with oil. Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron. Cook until crisp and golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter to make a total of four waffles.
For the topping:
- In a blender or food processor, process banana slices and lemon juice until smooth. Fold thawed whipped topping into banana mixture.
- Cut waffle in half and top with a dollop of the whipped banana topping and a sprinkle of Fruity Pebbles cereal.