Dulce de Leche Cereal Treats
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
- 1/2 cup Mexican caramel sauce (dulce de leche) Decorating icing (optional)
- Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; lightly grease foil. Set aside. Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add cereal; mix well. Press firmly into prepared pan; cool completely.
- Remove formed cereal mixture from pan by turning pan upside down on cutting board. Remove pan; peel off foil. Cut cereal mixture crosswise in half. Spread one half with dulce de leche; top with remaining half to form sandwich.
- Decorate with icing, if desired. Cut into 24 squares to serve.