Crunchy Whole Wheat French Toast
- 1 loaf whole wheat french bread
- 1 cup Great Grains cereal
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- splash vanilla
- butter for cooking
- Slice your bread into thick pieces, about 2 inches thick. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse your cereal until it’s ground up. Or put it in a sealed bag and smooth it all up. Pour it onto a flat surface like a plate.
- Preheat a griddle or flat pan. Melt enough butter in your pan to coat it lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and vanilla. Working with a few pieces at a time, dip your bread in the egg mixture. Remove from the egg mixture and dip both sides onto the cereal crumbs.
- Cook your french toast until the outside is crunchy but the inside is still light and soft. Remove from heat and top with whipped cream, fresh blueberries and maple syrup. Devour.