Crunchy Pecan Apple Pie Recipe
Gear up for the holiday season with a crowd-pleasing, comforting holiday pie recipe – crunchy pecan apple pie made with Great Grains® cereal. Snag the full recipe below and enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups Great Grains-Raisins, Date, & Pecans cereal, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (9 inch), thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1 Tbsp. of the butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add apples; toss to coat. Cover with lid; cook 6 to 8 min. or until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Add 2 cups of the cereal, the sugar and cinnamon; mix lightly.
- Spoon into pie crust; level top with back of spoon. Cover with remaining 2 cups Great Grains cereal. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter; drizzle over cereal.
- Bake 45 min. or until crust and top of pie are lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 30 min.