Cranberry Shortbread Bars
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Post Selects Cranberry Almond Crunch Cereal
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup cold butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly onto bottom of greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 20 min. or until very lightly browned.
- Mix egg, syrup, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. melted butter and the vanilla until well blended. Gently stir in cereal. Spread evenly onto warm crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until topping is firm around edges but slightly soft in center. Cool completely. Cut into 20 bars. Store leftover bars in tightly covered container at room temperature.