- 3 cups Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters® cereal, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix using water required on package; add sour cream and eggs.
- Pour ¼ batter into two greased 8-inch square pans.
- Cover batter in each pan with ¾ cup cereal mixture.
- Divide remaining batter between cake pans.
- Stir butter into remaining cereal mixture and spread over cake batter.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.