Cereal Milk Muffins
Eat your cereal in muffin form today.
- Muffin Batter:
- 2 cups Malt-O-Meal® Cinnamon Toasters cereal, finely crushed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Malt-O-Meal® Cinnamon Toasters cereal, crushed
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, pour the milk over 2 cups finely crushed Cinnamon Toasters cereal and let set for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Streusel: In a small bowl, microwave the butter until just melted and then stir in the crushed cereal, brown sugar and flour with a fork until a crumbly mixture forms. Set aside.
- Muffin Batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, canola oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture and the cereal milk mixture (including the softened crushed cereal) into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Sprinkle the streusel evenly among the top of the muffin batter, almost covering each one completely in streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffin tops are golden and streusel is crisp. Let muffins rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely or enjoy while still warm.