Banana Streusel Muffins Recipe
Looking for a sweet and easy banana muffin recipe? These banana streusel muffins are packed with flavor and crunch from the secret ingredient — Great Grains cereal. Preheat your oven, gather the following ingredients, and get baking!
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1-1/2 cups Great Grains Banana Nut Crunch cereal
- 1 cup finely chopped bananas
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. oil
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl; stir in milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3 Tbsp. oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in 1-1/2 cups cereal and banana. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan or muffin pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Mix 1/2 cup cereal, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with 1 tsp. oil; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.