Banana Nut-Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake
- 2-1/2 cups Great Grains Banana Nut Crunch cereal, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (6 oz.) vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cereal onto bottom of greased 8-inch square baking pan; set aside. Combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup of the butter and the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with the yogurt, beating after each addition until well blended. Stir in chips. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Preheat broiler. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter. Mix with the honey in medium bowl. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups cereal; toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly over cake. Broil, 4 inches from heat source, 2 to 3 min. or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Serve warm.