Whole Grain Porcupine Meatballs
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 can (3.8 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Whole Grain Honey Crunch cereal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground round beef, 90% lean/10% fat
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, grind cereal into a fine powder. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Stir in rice, olives, ground cereal, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Crumble ground round into rice mixture. Stir or use your hands to combine ingredients; mix well. Form beef mixture into 8 large equal-sized meatballs. Place meatballs in a 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the tomatoes, water, cornstarch, bouillon cube, and marjoram. Bring to a boil and stir for one minute. Remove from heat and pour over meatballs in pan. Cover baking dish with lid or aluminum foil and bake for 1-1/2 hours.