Shredded Wheat Gingered Peach Crisp
- 6 medium fresh peaches, peeled, sliced (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca
- 1/4 tsp. each ground cinnamon and ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups Post Original Shredded Wheat Spoon Size Cereal, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- Mix peaches, 1/4 cup of the sugar, pecans, lemon juice, tapioca and spices in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix crushed cereal, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and margarine until well blended.
- Place peach mixture in ungreased 1-1/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle evenly with cereal mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until topping is browned and peaches are tender. Serve warm topped with frozen yogurt, if desired.