Post® Shredded Wheat Salmon Sliders with Fresh Beet Slaw
For the salmon mini-burgers:
- 1 cup Post Spoon Size Original Shredded Wheat
- 8 oz. skinless salmon fillet, cut into rough 1″ cubes
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 soft slider buns or dinner rolls, split and lightly toasted
For the dill feta sauce:
- ¼ cup 2% fat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill (or 1 tsp. dried)
For the fresh beet slaw:
- 2 medium raw beets, trimmed, peeled, and grated to yield about ½ cup
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pulse the Post Spoon Size Original Shredded Wheat in a food processor until coarsely ground, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the salmon cubes to the food processor and pulse until coarsely ground, about 5 or 6 pulses. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the Shredded Wheat. Add red onion, lemon zest, egg, salt and pepper and gently mix until well combined. Form into 8 golf ball-sized portions and refrigerate, covered, for at least 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- Stir together the yogurt, feta and dill in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss together grated beets, 1 tsp. olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- To serve, heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the Tbsp. of olive oil, and then add the salmon mini burgers to the pan, pressing down as you add them to form bun-sized patties. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread a heaping tsp. of dill feta sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Top with a salmon mini-burger, and then a Tbsp. of the beet slaw. Add the top half of each bun, and serve immediately.